We're still alive...
We made it though our illness. There is still a little bit of lingering cough for a few of us but overall we are feeling soooo much better.
We made it through the visit from the inlaws... although it was a tad shorter than we'd have liked. A lot of crying went on when they left last Friday.
We made it through Christmas.... although I was running around like a chicken without its head trying to get everything straightened up and cooked in time for our dinner company at 3! Silly me... I should realize that Christmas day is hectic and keep dinner at a normal hour!
Fortunately I have a lot still to do around the house... cleaning up the Christmas stuff, organizing even more boxes of 'stuff' and still settling in. I say fortunately because keeping busy keeps my mind off the fact that everything we were looking foward to (our family visiting and Christmas) is now over. Nothing big to plan for now. I mean, I need to figure something out for the girl's birthdays in January but that's not a big project.
On the 'settling in' topic.... oddly, we've been living here about 4 months now and I'm still not feeling like its HOME. It feels like I'm in someone else's space still. I am hoping that painting some walls and doing some more organizing will help but I'm not sure it will. I thought I'd love having my own house but so far, I'm not loving this house. I mean, I am greatful that I have a house of my own and its great we're getting equity but I cannot forsee us staying in this house more than maybe 5 years or so. We'll see I guess.
And last but not least.... I am hoping to find me a plan of action and although I don't want to call it a 'New Years resolution', start a diet on January 1st. I am tired of being FAT and I need to do something about it. Being sick for a couple weeks helped me lose 5 lbs... I'll consider that my 'jump start' and hopefully I can keep it moving down from here. I am only 3 lbs away from being back in the 170s now. My final goal is 130. Over 50lbs to lose but I know I can do it because I've done it before!!
And that's it for now. I have thought of 500 different things to post about in the last 2 weeks but haven't found the time to sit down and do it. Go figure.
We made it through the visit from the inlaws... although it was a tad shorter than we'd have liked. A lot of crying went on when they left last Friday.
We made it through Christmas.... although I was running around like a chicken without its head trying to get everything straightened up and cooked in time for our dinner company at 3! Silly me... I should realize that Christmas day is hectic and keep dinner at a normal hour!
Fortunately I have a lot still to do around the house... cleaning up the Christmas stuff, organizing even more boxes of 'stuff' and still settling in. I say fortunately because keeping busy keeps my mind off the fact that everything we were looking foward to (our family visiting and Christmas) is now over. Nothing big to plan for now. I mean, I need to figure something out for the girl's birthdays in January but that's not a big project.
On the 'settling in' topic.... oddly, we've been living here about 4 months now and I'm still not feeling like its HOME. It feels like I'm in someone else's space still. I am hoping that painting some walls and doing some more organizing will help but I'm not sure it will. I thought I'd love having my own house but so far, I'm not loving this house. I mean, I am greatful that I have a house of my own and its great we're getting equity but I cannot forsee us staying in this house more than maybe 5 years or so. We'll see I guess.
And last but not least.... I am hoping to find me a plan of action and although I don't want to call it a 'New Years resolution', start a diet on January 1st. I am tired of being FAT and I need to do something about it. Being sick for a couple weeks helped me lose 5 lbs... I'll consider that my 'jump start' and hopefully I can keep it moving down from here. I am only 3 lbs away from being back in the 170s now. My final goal is 130. Over 50lbs to lose but I know I can do it because I've done it before!!
And that's it for now. I have thought of 500 different things to post about in the last 2 weeks but haven't found the time to sit down and do it. Go figure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home