Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Sunday, November 27, 2005

We're crawling!

On Friday, Reina crawled for the first time ever! It's amazing what a plate of nachos will do to a baby... apparently she just needed the right motivation. LOL
J sat on the living room floor with his nachos and she took one look and did a 'power crawl' right over to the plate. He let her grab one as a reward... I had to take it away. Sure, make me the bad guy!
She's also been practicing her pulling up a lot. She loves to be on her feet and now that she can get there herself, there's no stopping her. Perhaps a first step while my inlaws are visiting isn't as unreasonable as I thought! She'd be just about the same age as Alexa was when she took her first steps.

So anyway... we braved Walmart on Black Friday... waited until 10:30 hoping the crowds had died down (and it helps that we live in a small town). There were still a good number of shoppers out but it certainly wasn't the scariness I saw on the news!! We were able to get the Nintendo DS bundle that comes with Nintendogs, for Alexa. Everywhere we'd seen it before was sold out or jacked the price up by $100!! Insanity! She is gonna be so excited on Christmas. She's been asking for Nintendogs but she thought she'd have to play it on daddy's DS... little does she know!

Now we have to carve out a path to the back of the walk-in closet (its currently filled with boxes of books that Josh took out of the garage) so I can go through the gifts and figure out if we're truly done. I know with Alexa we either have just enough or too much (in which case some will be saved for her birthday in January). I think Kairi is done. Reina we could probably get another gift or two for but I'm still at a loss as to what to get! We might leave it be and just shower her with gifts for her first birthday instead to make it up ;)

We had a productive weekend so far... I sorted all of the kids clothing that doesn't fit any of them atm and boxed it up for storage. And we're getting things unpacked and organized that had been sitting in the garage waiting for us to have some time to do so! We also got the Christmas tree up. The prelit bit is awesome. Its my 'plug n play' tree. No more 'installing' the lights every year! Its not the most beautiful tree in the world, but what does one expect for $7? It looks good enough... I'll try to post a picture later (I've never done so in a blog before). Its small so that's the biggest deal. I want a bigger one. But that will have to wait until next year (as long as the kind clearance fairies mark one way down for me after the holidays this year LOL).

And that's my update for today :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home