Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Sunday, November 20, 2005

My cat is gone :(

Tigger, my oldest cat, likes to run out the door whenever anyone comes or goes. We have gotten pretty good at preventing it although from time to time he gets past us. We always see him though and grab him before he's gotten far. Well, not this time. Somehow, sometime, when we didn't even notice, he must've gotten out. Because we haven't seen him for the last 24+ hrs :(
We searched the entire house to see if he was hiding in some far corner. We walked the whole neighborhood but with the amount of half-finished houses, he could be inside any one of them (or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part). My biggest fears are the wild animals around here.... we have javelinas and coyotes and possibly worse if he wanders far enough. And, the highway is only a short distance away as well. Without houses and walls built, he could've very easily wandered back there. Blah!
This makes me so sad because he is like my baby. I've had him since before Alexa was even born. Before I even met Josh. Josh made him into a lap cat. He loves to cuddle. My other two kitties are much more aloof.
I miss him already. I am still hoping he'll find his way back (if he is somehow still alive) but my hope dwindles a little with each passing hour :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Aww, I hope you find your kitty, Christine. Hopefully he'll find his way back home before you know it.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's rough. I am sorry. If it gives you any hope, my Dad's cat disappeared for two weeks. She had never done that before and was totally out of character. But, she did return very skinny and happy to be home...

8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Christine, I'm so sorry you can't find your sweet kitty! I'll keep hoping that he finds his way home. I know this must be so hard for you. :(

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home