Tooth #2 is here! Poor Reina has been teething for a few weeks now. Her first finally popped through a little over a week ago and yesterday I discovered the second breaking through as well. I love the first baby teeth. They are so cute with just those two little teeth! She has not been too happy about it all though. At least she's sleeping better agian. She was waking me at 3am or so and staying up for a good hour and having to have a bottle. We're back to sleeping through until at least 6am again and it is a good thing, as Martha would say ;)
She's mastered her sitting up as well. No more toppling... well, most of the time. And, now she can get herself back into sitting if she does topple. Her mobility has just taken off! She's even trying to pull up on me. She can get the front half of her body up but 'stands' on her knees. It won't be long before this little girl is on her feet!
No crawling yet.... I think she's going to do just like her sisters and barely even venture into crawling. Both of them went from scooting around on their bellies almost directly to walking. Their first steps were at 7.5 and 8.5 mos. Rei will be 7 mos on the 28th so she's right on target to keep up with them. And, I was hoping my last baby would slow down for me!!
Kai is still being a PITA. In the past month she has gotten into more stuff than Alexa has in her lifetime. Her worst offense... she tore up a cake I baked (thankfully not iced!) and I found crumbs all over the living room and kitchen... even on poor Reina's head. (This is what I get for leaving them in the living room for 5 minutes so I can go pay bills online).
Alexa is still my good kid. My only qualm with her is her outright refusal to clean her room. We had emptied it of all her toys and such so she had nothing to make a mess with but then Josh went and put all of them back when we cleaned out the garage. I think now that we finally have some shelves out there, it is time to confiscate the toys yet again. I'll leave her clothes, a few stuffies and her books. Everything else is gone until she can learn how to keep it neat!
Of course, with my lack of housekeeping skills, I feel like a hypocrite but I'll be working on that as well. Have to improve not only for myself but to set an example for my kids.
That's also why I have to get on the ball and get myself in better shape. My kids are not unhealthy weights; however, if they keep up their pattern of unhealthy eating, they are going to follow in their parent's footsteps and become overweight adults. Both Josh and I were real thin kids.... so I know it can happen LOL We need to start eating healthier and getting more active, as a family. Now, to actually do it. Blah!
Okay, so this is what happens when I don't blog in a month's time... I can't shut up. I think I'll stop now and try to update more regularly from here on!!
She's mastered her sitting up as well. No more toppling... well, most of the time. And, now she can get herself back into sitting if she does topple. Her mobility has just taken off! She's even trying to pull up on me. She can get the front half of her body up but 'stands' on her knees. It won't be long before this little girl is on her feet!
No crawling yet.... I think she's going to do just like her sisters and barely even venture into crawling. Both of them went from scooting around on their bellies almost directly to walking. Their first steps were at 7.5 and 8.5 mos. Rei will be 7 mos on the 28th so she's right on target to keep up with them. And, I was hoping my last baby would slow down for me!!
Kai is still being a PITA. In the past month she has gotten into more stuff than Alexa has in her lifetime. Her worst offense... she tore up a cake I baked (thankfully not iced!) and I found crumbs all over the living room and kitchen... even on poor Reina's head. (This is what I get for leaving them in the living room for 5 minutes so I can go pay bills online).
Alexa is still my good kid. My only qualm with her is her outright refusal to clean her room. We had emptied it of all her toys and such so she had nothing to make a mess with but then Josh went and put all of them back when we cleaned out the garage. I think now that we finally have some shelves out there, it is time to confiscate the toys yet again. I'll leave her clothes, a few stuffies and her books. Everything else is gone until she can learn how to keep it neat!
Of course, with my lack of housekeeping skills, I feel like a hypocrite but I'll be working on that as well. Have to improve not only for myself but to set an example for my kids.
That's also why I have to get on the ball and get myself in better shape. My kids are not unhealthy weights; however, if they keep up their pattern of unhealthy eating, they are going to follow in their parent's footsteps and become overweight adults. Both Josh and I were real thin kids.... so I know it can happen LOL We need to start eating healthier and getting more active, as a family. Now, to actually do it. Blah!
Okay, so this is what happens when I don't blog in a month's time... I can't shut up. I think I'll stop now and try to update more regularly from here on!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home