Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Friday, September 16, 2005

I am not adjusting well. I am used to having people around all the time. Suddenly, I am alone all day with two little ones. I find myself feeling overwhelmed and sad half the time. Josh even mentioned that I seem less happy now that we're in the house. Its not that. I am loving my new house and everything in it. There is just so much to do to feel settled in and the lack of adult interaction all day is something I haven't had to deal with in almost a year. I'm sure I'll get used to it again but man, its been a tough transition so far. To make an example here, Josh just called to let me know he won't be coming home for lunch today (now that work is only 10 minutes away, he comes home sometimes). I just started crying. Poor guy is in a car with a bunch of the guys from work (no turning back now) and his wife is on the phone crying because he won't be home for lunch. I feel like such a spaz. He went to lunch with them a couple days ago and I was fine. Today, I cry. WTF?Ya know what I think I need? A good 12 hour night of sleep. Things are so much 'happier' when I'm living on a normal amount of sleep. However, my two little ones are not fully adjusted to the new house yet either so Kai wakes up every night and comes into my room and Rei hasn't been sleeping as settled as usual. Between the two of them, I was probably awakened every 2 hours on Wednesday night! And, the worst part of it is, Alexa has to be at her bus stop at 6:45 in the morning! I have never before heard of an elementary school that starts so early in the morning! So, I have to be up by 6 in order to get Reina fed and myself and Alexa ready. I thought I was a morning person, until morning became 6am instead of 7:30-8am ;)On a happier note... we just got delivery of our new bed today. Finally we have a Queen size mattress set! We have been sleeping on a Full size for years now and let me tell you, it gets pretty tight, especially when a little person climbs in to join you! How we are going to pay for all our new goodies when the interest-free 12-18 months is up, who knows ... but hey, we have lotsa nice new things! ;) Seriously though, we have money put away already and I plan to actually add to it monthly (and get interest) and then just pay all these things off in full in a year or year and half. (This would be the mattress set, the new washer, the new couch and the refrigerator). The new kitchen table set we'll pay off when its delivered next week since Ethan Allen didn't want to offer us any interest-free deals. My dad is also giving us $1k towards our new washer (we got the Kenmore He4t so yes, it will only partially cover the cost). You ought to see the big blue washer sitting next to our old white dryer... a funny site but we figured we really don't need to buy the dryer yet. Hopefully we have a nice tax return this year and can add that to the set. Of course, Josh has plans to take that tax return and buy an LCD tv. Just about everything we've bought so far was a necessity so I don't feel so bad but I don't know if I can bring myself to spend that kind of money on a TV!! I guess we'll just see how much money we have to play with.So, now that I've written a mini-novel here. I think I feel a bit better. Now back to my regularly scheduled life, of unpacking, organizing and unpacking some more.

2 Comments:

Blogger TQ said...

I'm sorry you're seemingly lonely..I'd say its time to start going for walks every day in your new neighborhood..Are you close to any kind of stores? you might walk to the store..start sewing? read? work with Kai on colors, counting, reading,etc?? Just a thought?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

My brother is Dallas has to catch the bus at that time. That is crazy! I can't wait to see pics of your house!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home