Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Monday, October 17, 2005

She's babbling. That's Reina's newest thing.... its cute :)
It started out with Raaaa...raaaaaa. Almost saying her own name... what a smartie ;)
Now she's also gotten some daaaaa and baaaa sounds going too. And Josh says she almost said Mama the other day but I missed that. I have heard her almost say dada a few times... he missed that. Go figure! It won't be long before she's talking up a storm though.
And she's so close to crawling too. She scoots all over the place now... there is no keeping her still. I fell asleep on the living room floor the other morning after I gave her a 5:30am bottle. And when I woke up about 20 minutes later, I found her under the rocking chair!
She really is a great baby. She rarely cries. She wants a nice cross between being in my arms and being on her own. (Kairi wanted Mommy ALL the time and that gets to be a bit much after a while!). She sleeps wonderfully too. Its almost tempting to say I want another some day after my easy baby but I just know the next would be a handful.
Speaking of handful... that's Kairi these days! We can not leave the house without her breaking down. I don't know if she's just a homebody or what but no matter where we are going, I swear before we even step foot out the door, she's crying about something. She really is a pretty good kid overall too but man when she goes into drama mode, everything upsets her. Grocery shopping is a real chore now! And of course my husband doesn't understand my need to go out and shop and do things anyway, even if she's being a boog. But, since I don't drive, I am stuck at home all week long and I really need to get out of the house sometimes! His patience wears out a lot quicker than mine I guess. I told him he can start dropping me off to shop and coming back for me later. But then, this leaves him to watch 3 kids alone so he's not too fond of that option either *laugh*
And, last but certainly not least... Alexa. Great kid too except for a few issues... biggest one being her bedroom. I am no good example for her as far as keeping things straight and orderly but man this girls room is a wreck! And, when I tell her to clean it, she basically refuses... although in a passive agressive sort of way... she goes in there but instead of actually cleaning, I find her reading a book or playing. I told her yesterday not to come out until it was clean... she broke down and cried. And then of course I feel awful. I am horrid at standing my ground when my kids are crying but I did. She still didn't clean... she got over the crying and then went about her playing again. How frustrating!! Josh went in there and boxed up 95% of her possessions. She doesn't care! I think I am going to need to work with her to better organize her room so its easier to keep clean. Of course, considering the disorganization of the rest of the house, that will be a challenge. I love organization but I have the hardest time accomplishing it!
And now that I've written a mini-novel today... I'm off to perhaps accomplish something productive-like. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home