My house is a disaster area!
Okay, problem #1... We own too much STUFF! I have things I've had since I was a child. I have boxes of 'memories'. I have enough clothing to dress at least 3 or 4 people. I have enough books to start my own library. I have enough blankets to keep a small army warm. And there are odds and ends too. And, that's just MY stuff! My kids, especially Alexa, have entirely too much stuff as well. I'm thinking it might be time for me to give selling on ebay a try ;)
Problem #2... (which I'm sure is related to #1) It takes me forever to settle into a new place. The longest I've lived anywhere besides the house I grew up in was Raleigh, NC where I lived for 2 years. I was only beginning to feel settled after 2 years! I am not willing to wait 2 years to feel settled in this house. I need to put things into overdrive.
Problem #3... I am easily overwhelmed. I can keep up with daily things if that's all there is to do. I keep clean clothes for my family. We have clean dishes to eat off of. But, when my house is stacked with boxes (taken in from the garage we just organized), I look around and get overwhelmed. I don't know where to start, so I don't start at all. I am embarrassed by the state of the house but I just don't know how to fix it! Its like my brain shuts down when I see the amount of things to be done!
I think we are going to spend this weekend at home just organizing. I live for my weekends out since I don't drive and I'm 'stuck' at home all week but I'm just going to have to give up my time-out and work my butt off. (Its so much easier to get things done when my husband is around to help with the work and/or help with watching the kids!).
I think if I can get this house into a livable state, I will be a happier person. I think I will have less to worry about and less stress. So, I can put my efforts and energy into other things, like getting healthier!
So... weekend plan is to get my house in order so as to get my life in order. Or at least put a big dent in the process! Wish me luck!
Okay, problem #1... We own too much STUFF! I have things I've had since I was a child. I have boxes of 'memories'. I have enough clothing to dress at least 3 or 4 people. I have enough books to start my own library. I have enough blankets to keep a small army warm. And there are odds and ends too. And, that's just MY stuff! My kids, especially Alexa, have entirely too much stuff as well. I'm thinking it might be time for me to give selling on ebay a try ;)
Problem #2... (which I'm sure is related to #1) It takes me forever to settle into a new place. The longest I've lived anywhere besides the house I grew up in was Raleigh, NC where I lived for 2 years. I was only beginning to feel settled after 2 years! I am not willing to wait 2 years to feel settled in this house. I need to put things into overdrive.
Problem #3... I am easily overwhelmed. I can keep up with daily things if that's all there is to do. I keep clean clothes for my family. We have clean dishes to eat off of. But, when my house is stacked with boxes (taken in from the garage we just organized), I look around and get overwhelmed. I don't know where to start, so I don't start at all. I am embarrassed by the state of the house but I just don't know how to fix it! Its like my brain shuts down when I see the amount of things to be done!
I think we are going to spend this weekend at home just organizing. I live for my weekends out since I don't drive and I'm 'stuck' at home all week but I'm just going to have to give up my time-out and work my butt off. (Its so much easier to get things done when my husband is around to help with the work and/or help with watching the kids!).
I think if I can get this house into a livable state, I will be a happier person. I think I will have less to worry about and less stress. So, I can put my efforts and energy into other things, like getting healthier!
So... weekend plan is to get my house in order so as to get my life in order. Or at least put a big dent in the process! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home