Still smilin'
No big parties for the kitty (re: comments on my last post) but he has surely gotten about 10x the cuddles he usually gets. Poor kitty is probably a tad too neglected on a normal day now that I have 3 kids who need my attention as well.
Speaking of kids... Rei is loving her new found mobility. She doesn't really do a 'normal' crawl but the girl can get where she wants to get FAST. I left her on my bed sleeping the other night because I was ill and had to um... get sick for lack of a better term. I returned like 2 minutes later and she was sitting up right at the edge of the bed. Freaked me out! No more alone on my bed, that's for sure!
And, last night she pulled herself up to standing without any help from me (except that she used me for grabbing onto). We've helped her pull up by holding her hands before but this is the first time she's done it on her own. Not quite sure how quickly they usually get balance but I'd love for her to take a first step while my inlaws are here for the holidays. This gives her about 4 weeks. Probably wishful thinking on my part but I know they'd love to be a part of that.
So, turkey day is tomorrow... we were going to have it at my grandfather's house so he wouldn't be alone. But, he refused again... ever since my grandmother passed last year, he doesn't want anything to do with celebrations. He is just waiting to join her and doesn't want to enjoy life without her :( Very sad but then, I cannot imagine suddenly being without the person you spent most of your life with.
So, we will be having turkey day at my mom's house. Then Christmas will probably be here. This is the setup we had in NC with our inlaws... we always did Christmas and they did Thanksgiving. It works well... then we don't have to lug home all the gifts the kids get LOL
Speaking of Christmas... decorating starts Friday! We have a new tree this year but I'm afraid. We bought it last year after the holidays, on clearance at Walmart. It was $7. Yes, you read that right SEVEN dollars! So, as you can imagine, it could be frightening when we finally get it up. Its prelit though and that was my reason for the purchase. I am so tired of putting lights on and pulling lights off every year! So hopefully it looks good enough to get us through this Christmas and maybe after the holidays this year, we can find a nicer one on clearance ;)
Speaking of decorating.... (man, I can't shut up today)... I really wish we could get this house in order so I could start decorating it. We've been here almost 3 months now and we're still in a state of disarray. I think I need to go on that Clean Sweep show. Someone needs to come in and convince me that I can get rid of 75% of my stuff. I so need to be decluttered and organized! I want to share pics of my new house on the board but that ain't gonna happen until I've gotten it pulled together.... so look out for those pics in say... 2008? ;)
Anyway, I'm gonna shut up now before I write a novel.
Speaking of kids... Rei is loving her new found mobility. She doesn't really do a 'normal' crawl but the girl can get where she wants to get FAST. I left her on my bed sleeping the other night because I was ill and had to um... get sick for lack of a better term. I returned like 2 minutes later and she was sitting up right at the edge of the bed. Freaked me out! No more alone on my bed, that's for sure!
And, last night she pulled herself up to standing without any help from me (except that she used me for grabbing onto). We've helped her pull up by holding her hands before but this is the first time she's done it on her own. Not quite sure how quickly they usually get balance but I'd love for her to take a first step while my inlaws are here for the holidays. This gives her about 4 weeks. Probably wishful thinking on my part but I know they'd love to be a part of that.
So, turkey day is tomorrow... we were going to have it at my grandfather's house so he wouldn't be alone. But, he refused again... ever since my grandmother passed last year, he doesn't want anything to do with celebrations. He is just waiting to join her and doesn't want to enjoy life without her :( Very sad but then, I cannot imagine suddenly being without the person you spent most of your life with.
So, we will be having turkey day at my mom's house. Then Christmas will probably be here. This is the setup we had in NC with our inlaws... we always did Christmas and they did Thanksgiving. It works well... then we don't have to lug home all the gifts the kids get LOL
Speaking of Christmas... decorating starts Friday! We have a new tree this year but I'm afraid. We bought it last year after the holidays, on clearance at Walmart. It was $7. Yes, you read that right SEVEN dollars! So, as you can imagine, it could be frightening when we finally get it up. Its prelit though and that was my reason for the purchase. I am so tired of putting lights on and pulling lights off every year! So hopefully it looks good enough to get us through this Christmas and maybe after the holidays this year, we can find a nicer one on clearance ;)
Speaking of decorating.... (man, I can't shut up today)... I really wish we could get this house in order so I could start decorating it. We've been here almost 3 months now and we're still in a state of disarray. I think I need to go on that Clean Sweep show. Someone needs to come in and convince me that I can get rid of 75% of my stuff. I so need to be decluttered and organized! I want to share pics of my new house on the board but that ain't gonna happen until I've gotten it pulled together.... so look out for those pics in say... 2008? ;)
Anyway, I'm gonna shut up now before I write a novel.

1 Comments:
Let me know how the pre-lit one works ASAP! I need a tree. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home