Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Memory loss

As life happens, often I will think of interesting tidbits to write about here. However, it seems every time I actually find the opportunity to sit down and write, the thoughts have escaped me. I think its along the same lines as realizing I need something at the other end of the house but by the time I've walked there (and I have a small house!), I've completely forgotten what it was I came for. And yes, I do that frequently!
So, instead, I'll be sharing some not-so-interesting stuff as usual...
Went Christmas shopping yesterday with my mom. I got a whole 2 gifts accomplished. I am not getting very far, very fast! Well, I did get a bunch of stocking stuffers so at least I'm getting somewhere... albeit slowly.
We still have to figure out the rest of the gift for my inlaws (my fil is getting a collection of hot sauces and my mil is getting a scrapbook frame containing a page I've yet to create). Also have to figure out some stuff for great-grandparents. And my 17 year old SIL.... but I think we're just going to take her shopping while they are visiting.
I also bought me some clothes.... nice clothes. So unlike me ;) I'm usually seen sporting jeans or yoga-type pants and a tshirt. I'm a bum not because I don't like nice clothes but because I hate hate hate my 185 lb body. However, my husband's department is having a holiday dinner out and I don't think it would be appropriate to show up in jeans. So I got black pin stripe pants and a black sleeveless sweater (that despearately needs a jacket or something to cover my fat arms). Amazingly though, I'm not completely disgusted with the way I look in the outfit! My husband immediately pointed out that I'd picked black and pin stripes, both slimming... LOL, I guess I'm subconciously trying ;)
On the 'I'm too fat' topic, I have decided that its pointless to try to diet seriously now. I'm trying to eat a bit less but with Christmas cookies and goodies about, its really impossible to find the willpower to begin. (Not that I've seemed to find it any other time of the year either but I'm still determined). I figure after the holidays (and now that I'm not doing 'the grocery game' anymore), I will try, try again. I was so happy last time I lost the weight and got down to 149... and I know I can do it again. And I really need to accomplish it now, while my metabolism is still working because in 10 years, when I'm 40, who knows how it'll be functioning LOL
My mom is probably buying a cheap weight bench for Josh for Christmas. I think I'll be using that with him and finally get back on my treadmill. (I feel silly making these claims over and over but I figure, if I believe, it will eventually happen!)
And, that's my ramblings for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home