Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A natural high....

I am in an incredibly good mood the past week or two, for no apparent reason. I am so hoping it sticks with me. I am tired of being depressed! Maybe I've finally gotten out of my slump. Nothing is really different either. Kids still drive me nuts, I still don't get enough sleep, my house is still disorganized (although improving slooooowly), I still don't like Arizona.

The idea of Autumn has me smiling, even though I look out my window and see desert, and walk out the door and its 90 degrees out! I totally miss my cool, crisp, sweater weather and changing leaves!!
I got a new nephew! His name is Nicholas and he was born 3 weeks early... he was only 5lb 11oz. Such a little bit next to my girls! My littlest was Alexa and she was 7lb 7oz! I am sad that he's 2000 miles away but happy to finally have a boy in the family!!
I've been working on convincing Josh that we really need to move back. Four years after moving here I am STILL not used to living in the desert!! He says he'll work on updating his resume and we can start applying for jobs in NC! Unfortunately, its not an easy task to get a job from across the country and we cannot just up and move without one this time :(
There are other obstacles too... like the fact that we still owe so much on this house that selling it probably won't make us enough money to put 20% down on a new one. I really don't want to do the whole 80/15/5 second mortgage dealy next time and I'd like to avoid mortgage insurance too. So, waiting a year or two, until we've paid down our second mortgage as much as possible probabl makes more sense (of course, it could take us that long to find a job!). Plus, we still owe A LOT of money on this SUV. Josh's current job pays over 2/3 of our monthly payment on that car so we'd have to be able to afford the huge payment on our own. His job will actually buy the car off of us for its current market value, however, we lost money on our last trade in so what we currently owe for it is tons more than we could get for selling it. So basically, we are stuck with the $800/month payments if we leave this job.
I should realize this probably means its wise to wait a year or two before we even try to find a job and move. But, I figure, you never know whats out there. If its meant to be, we could stumble upon a job that will pay enough that none of this will be an issue.
All I know is.... I am so ready!

But in the meantime... at least I'm happy ;) Something I've not really felt in a long while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home