Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Separation Anxiety!

Yes, Avery is at the stage where she cries when I leave the room but I'm not talking about her here... I'm talking about myself!
Last night was Avery's first night sleeping in a room other than mine and I went to bed stressed and didn't sleep too soundly either! Fortunately Avery didn't have the same issues I did and she slept all night long! Mind you, I've never had a child stop sleeping in my room before they were about 3! This 6 months thing is new to me... Rei still sleeps in my room and she's almost 2. But Josh is trying to 'phase them out' of our room. The first step was to move Avy's pack n play out of our room and into the living room (closer than her room LOL). The next step will be to actually use her crib *gasp* We have had ths crib for all four kids and other than the two months it was in my room after Alexa was born, they have maybe used it a total of half a dozen times combined!
I'm just glad this is harder on me than it is on Avery. She is an awesome sleeper. I've never had a baby that sleeps through the night before. Even Rei still wakes up most nights. She climbs into our be and goes right back to sleep but still... it would be nice if she'd stay in her own space for a whole night! Btw, I think its a pacifier thing. Avery is also my first baby who wants nothing to do with pacifiers. This can be frustrating at times, like when she's real fussy... a pacifier always calmed her sisters. But it is a wonderful bthing that she doesn't rely on one to sleep ... only to wake up every time she loses it!
Anyway... only about 2 hours away from night #2... wish me luck (because *I* am the one who needs it, not Avery LOL).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home