3 1/2 weeks
That is how much time I have left before this baby is born! Wow, it seems like time has moved so fast! And although I am mentally prepared, I definitely don't feel 'ready' as far as having the house in order and the 'baby stuff' ready. My mom bought us a new infant car seat last week (the old one 'expired'... who knew baby seats expired!?). I took out the papasan and washed it. We started to straighten the room that will be Reina and the baby's (with much more work left to do). I think that's the biggest thing in my mind... having that room 'ready'. Technically though, if we just wash the baby clothes, put together the bassinet and buy some bottles, we'll be 'ready enough' LOL
Of course, she still doesn't have a definite name either. But then, this is our pattern... at least I have a 'backup name' this time incase we don't come up with 'the perfect name'. All three of the others weren't named until near the end. We're picky like that.
My body is beyond ready though... I'm at that EVERYTHING-is-uncomfortable stage. I cannot roll over in bed at night without hurting. I cannot get out of bed without hurting (which sucks when you wake up every 2 hours to pee!!). I cannot walk very far without feeling worn out. My back aches, my lower abdomen aches, my feet ache if I'm on them for too long. I can no longer bend over easily to pick things up off the floor... and you know, you really don't realize just how many times a day you have to bend over and pick things up until it becomes nearly impossible to do so... especially with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old! I'm ready to have my body back now. And this time it will be for good, as #4 is our last.
So I'm sure the next 3.5 weeks will fly by and I'll not have gotten done nearly everything I'd like to but then, I'll have a little baby in my arms and for a while, I won't care. We'll worry about the 'back to reality' part when it comes! ;)
Of course, she still doesn't have a definite name either. But then, this is our pattern... at least I have a 'backup name' this time incase we don't come up with 'the perfect name'. All three of the others weren't named until near the end. We're picky like that.
My body is beyond ready though... I'm at that EVERYTHING-is-uncomfortable stage. I cannot roll over in bed at night without hurting. I cannot get out of bed without hurting (which sucks when you wake up every 2 hours to pee!!). I cannot walk very far without feeling worn out. My back aches, my lower abdomen aches, my feet ache if I'm on them for too long. I can no longer bend over easily to pick things up off the floor... and you know, you really don't realize just how many times a day you have to bend over and pick things up until it becomes nearly impossible to do so... especially with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old! I'm ready to have my body back now. And this time it will be for good, as #4 is our last.
So I'm sure the next 3.5 weeks will fly by and I'll not have gotten done nearly everything I'd like to but then, I'll have a little baby in my arms and for a while, I won't care. We'll worry about the 'back to reality' part when it comes! ;)

1 Comments:
It has seemed to fly by. I am excited to see 'little miss no name yet'!
Post a Comment
<< Home