Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Monday, February 06, 2006

Blank mind

Well I had something to write, until I got here. Now I've forgotten.
This is the way my brain works. I cannot remember half the things I should. My husband is constantly getting annoyed with me because I forgot something. I can't help it. I don't know how to fix the problem either so his getting annoyed really gets us nowhere fast!

So I'll just talk about randomness as usual I guess...
Someone needs to tell Reina that if she can stand in one spot and dance without falling over, she could probably also take a step and not fall either! She loves to stand... she loves to dance. She really doesn't want to try this walking thing though. If you stand a few feet away and put your arms out to her, she'll plop herself to the ground, crawl over and stand back up. She's funny. She actually did attempt a couple steps but plopped to the ground after the first step and then last time she took one step, paused and then plopped. I think its a lack of confidence in her ability to do it. I guess she'll get it eventually though ;)

I'm finally going through my boxes of 'miscellaneous' things. I have a bunch of these boxes. Some are from as far back as my own childhood. Some are from last time we moved and just tossed the remaining things into boxes. (I hate the last of the packing when you have just a bunch of randomness left!). Its so nice to start getting it organized though. And I'm also working on purging. I need to thin out my belongings badly! I own too much. Its weighing me down. I'm ready to purge!!

Now we just need to get my shelf from my mom's garage (the only thing we left behind) so I can organize my arts/crafts stuff and actually start using it. Currently i have a huge pile of boxes in the corner of the office, all filled with artsy stuff... scrapbooking, yarn, fabric, paints, pencils, papers, etc etc. I want to play with it all... even finally have the table to do so but I refuse to dig through that pile!

I figure, maybe next year I'll have this house organized LOL The goal is to be more organized than ever before. The goal is to have my house so organized that if we do move, we can easily pack up and unpack in the new place and have it look 'put together' in a matter of weeks instead of months! I know I can get there between purging and organizing but it surely is a time consuming and mentally tiring process!

And last but not least for today... I bought me a 'learn to knit' kit this weekend. I'm practicing but it's a bit more complicated than crochet (imho) so I'm just hoping I'll get to a point where I can actually attempt to make something. So far I'm just practicing my stitches and pulling them out ... over and over. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home