Is it nesting?
This is my fourth (and final *sob*) pregnancy and I have never before experienced 'nesting'. I admit it, I am an awful housekeeper. I mean, my house is not DIRTY so much but it is definitely cluttered and messy most of the time. It bothers me to no end but instead of doing something about it, I just get overwhelmed and shut down... my response to many stresses in life.
However, a few weeks ago something hit me. I still have my off days but, on most days I now feel this unusual motivation to actually get things straightened up and organized. And, I like it!
Of course, being almost 7 months pregnant, my energy runs out quickly but I am finding that if I at least do SOME of the job every time I feel up to it, the job eventually gets done. It is nice to have a little more order in my life. Mind you, my house is still far from perfect but I finally feel like the task of getting it organized is attainable instead of just becoming overwhelmed every time I think about it.
It probably helps that Josh has been more helpful as well. He 'kindly' took out all the boxes of miscellaneous crap that I have to go through and piled them high in the bedroom. My first thought was 'oh my gawd, I cannot do this' but he has been helping where he can (its mostly my crap so really he can't do much) and get this, last Saturday while I sat and went through boxes, he cleaned ALL the laundry! (And yes, I'd let a good 5 or more loads pile up). When he does things like this, it motivates me to try to keep up. And today, 6 days later (in a 5 person household), I only have 2 half-full hampers of laundry because I have kept up!
All I know is, if this IS nesting, I really hope I don't 'lose it' after the baby is born. Because I finally feel like life is working right (my brain is working right I should say) and like I can handle the house. (Now if only the kids would learn to help!).
So, this is what its like to function as a 'normal' person. I still wonder where the 'real' me went and who this is in my body. But, whoever it is, I hope she sticks around for a long time because I need her! I need me some 'permanent nesting' ;)
Now all I have to do is go knock on some wood so I don't mess with my luck here!
However, a few weeks ago something hit me. I still have my off days but, on most days I now feel this unusual motivation to actually get things straightened up and organized. And, I like it!
Of course, being almost 7 months pregnant, my energy runs out quickly but I am finding that if I at least do SOME of the job every time I feel up to it, the job eventually gets done. It is nice to have a little more order in my life. Mind you, my house is still far from perfect but I finally feel like the task of getting it organized is attainable instead of just becoming overwhelmed every time I think about it.
It probably helps that Josh has been more helpful as well. He 'kindly' took out all the boxes of miscellaneous crap that I have to go through and piled them high in the bedroom. My first thought was 'oh my gawd, I cannot do this' but he has been helping where he can (its mostly my crap so really he can't do much) and get this, last Saturday while I sat and went through boxes, he cleaned ALL the laundry! (And yes, I'd let a good 5 or more loads pile up). When he does things like this, it motivates me to try to keep up. And today, 6 days later (in a 5 person household), I only have 2 half-full hampers of laundry because I have kept up!
All I know is, if this IS nesting, I really hope I don't 'lose it' after the baby is born. Because I finally feel like life is working right (my brain is working right I should say) and like I can handle the house. (Now if only the kids would learn to help!).
So, this is what its like to function as a 'normal' person. I still wonder where the 'real' me went and who this is in my body. But, whoever it is, I hope she sticks around for a long time because I need her! I need me some 'permanent nesting' ;)
Now all I have to do is go knock on some wood so I don't mess with my luck here!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home