Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Friday, March 30, 2007

Are you sure she's mine?

Josh and I are on the quiet side... me especially. To explain how bad it used to be, when I was in elementary school, the guy I had a little crush on asked me why I never spoke... I didn't answer him LOL I never raised my hand, and when I was called on by the teacher, I rarely said anything. And, in high school, I failed my senior US History course because I refused to do the oral presentation (I wound up in summer school and didn't officially graduate HS until August!).
Anyway, I somehow have a child who is on student council and OFFERS to make announcements to her class. A child who has no problem going to visit her grandparents on the other side of the US for a month without us. A child who befriended anyone on the playground that was willing to play with her.
Don't get me wrong, I am proud. I love that she doesn't have the issues I've had to deal with all my life (heck, I still get nervous making phone calls and I'd probably still refuse to do a presentation in front of a group). I just wonder where she got her fearlessness from! It most certainly wasn't me!

Back to add... she just came home from school and let me know that she is auditioning to be one of the announcers at the big school performance. Seriously, where did this child come from? LOL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That is terrific, though, Christine!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home