Name:
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, United States

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking." ~ Brooks Atkinson

Friday, May 11, 2007

We suck... but she surely didn't!

Alexa had her school performance yesterday. She did awesome! First she sang with her class (6 of them got to be up at the mics and she was one of them!) and then she announced the next act. She was one of the few announcers who didn't need to read it off the paper. I was proud :)
But on to the sucking part.... first Josh forgot all about the performance (even though I reminded him a dozen times, including yesterday morning!) and of all the days for it to happen, his cell phone battery died mid-day so he had it in the car charging and I couldn't get in touch with him. He did finally make it to the school about 20 minutes after the performance should've started but unfortunately, he missed Alexa because she was on first :(

And then, to make matters worse, I only had my camera with me (camcorder charger is missing) and I forgot to empty the memory card. So, as I was recording her class singing, the memory card got full and it quit recording :( I got a grand total of about 30 seconds of video. So then I deleted a bunch of old photos so I could get her announcement recorded. I got it! But then, the idiot that I am, I accidentally deleted it. OMG, I was SO mad at myself, I cried.

I am hoping that we can find someone else who recorded the performance and get a copy. In the mean time, I'm trying not to beat myself up. Bad, bad Mom! :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

awww look at her. She looks so cool and confident standing there! WTG A!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home